Yo tambien - film für die Filmnacht?

Hinweise auf Veranstaltungen, Fernsehfilme usw.
Antworten
Rickandbeatrice

Yo tambien - film für die Filmnacht?

Beitrag von Rickandbeatrice » 05.02.2010, 09:38

Yo tambien - Film mit Pablo Pineda

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=31rx8GcifEc

ist zwar das Video zum Lied, man sieht aber auch ein paar Szenen...

A Spanish film-documentary tells the story of an exceptional man: Paolo Pineda. Who tells us that there is nothing wrong with being Down Syndrome.

Yo tambien – “Me too”. What better name for a docu-movie about Pablo Pineda, the first European with Down Syndrome to graduate from University? The story of a life – 29 years – spent fighting prejudice and telling friends, teachers and Spanish communities that he too could do all the things they did. Study, travel, cook and now act too.

“My parents were not sure about my acting skills. But I said: why not? Why wouldn’t I be able to?”. The docu-movie has been filmed in Sevilla and Madrid – two cities that will act as background for the love story between Daniel (Pablo Pineda) and Laura (Spanish actress Lola Duenas), a non-disabled social worker. The film, that uses both actors and ‘real’ people mixes reality and fiction in an attempt to “tell a true story about a singular person who highlights that we are all the same despite our own personal limitations”, explain the directors in a press release.

Although Pablo Pineda does not like being the centre of attention, he is bound to be one of the stars of Malaga’s Spanish Film Festival in April as Yo tambien, written and directed by Alvaro Pastor and Antonio Naharro, is a Spanish production and is one of the films that has been nominated for the event.

When he is not busy acting, Pablo Pineda is a committed campaigner who has travelled across the whole of Spain raising awareness about disability. In particular he promotes a better understanding of the differences between different disabilities and attempts, through his experience, to break down the barriers that would want people with disabilities to live at the margins of society. In his latest campaign, with the Obra Social Caja Madrid, he tells the world that “si, podemos” – yes we can.

Antworten